About this report
The Novartis in Society Integrated Report provides an overview of our business, strategy and performance, and describes how we create value for stakeholders and society.
The Novartis in Society Integrated Report 2022 is intended for all Novartis stakeholders. It will be of interest primarily to shareholders, investors and environmental, social and governance (ESG) analysts.
The report has been prepared in alignment with the Integrated Reporting Framework, the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and the latest non-financial standards issued by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
The Novartis in Society Integrated Report 2022 is published in conjunction with our Annual Report filed with the SIX Swiss Exchange, and our Form 20-F filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). All our reports can be found on our corporate website.
Unless otherwise stated, data in this report relates to our financial year, which runs from January 1 to December 31. Environmental data is based on nine-month actual data (January to September 2022) plus three-month estimates. This data will be restated with actual figures on our website during 2023.
The Novartis in Society Integrated Report 2022 comprises six main sections:
- Introduction including letters from our Board Chair and CEO
- Who we are providing details of our medicines, operations and organizational structure
- Business environment describing trends and issues currently affecting our operating environment
- Strategy and value creation including an overview of our corporate strategy and model for value creation
- Performance in 2022 providing details of performance against our strategic priorities
- Governance describing our principal governance structures, risk management, internal policies and controls, and approach to Executive Committee compensation
KPMG has provided limited independent assurance on the performance indicators on pages 81-84 of the PDF version of the Novartis in Society Integrated Report.
Please note that all product names printed in italics in this report are trademarks owned by, or licensed to, the Novartis Group.